Be01e2e0 1200 11f0 937d 1f221a30ef2a.jpg

New Video Contradicts Israel’s Story of Palestinian Medics’ Deaths in Gaza

New footage obtained by the New York Times disputes Israel’s claim that a group of ambulances and a fire truck were advancing suspiciously without headlights or emergency signals before coming under fire on the morning of March 23. The incident left 15 rescue workers dead. The video, filmed by a paramedic killed in the incident, shows the vehicles with headlights and emergency flashing lights on. The Israel Defense Forces initially stated that the vehicles were uncoordinated and advancing suspiciously towards IDF troops without lights or signals. A surviving paramedic previously told the BBC that the ambulances were clearly marked and had their internal and external lights on. The IDF has been approached for comment on the video, which the Palestine Red Crescent Society claims has been presented to the UN Security Council. The footage captures the vehicles halting on the edge of the road with lights still flashing and emergency workers stepping out wearing reflective clothing. As the paramedic filming prays, shooting is heard for several minutes. The footage was retrieved from the paramedic’s phone after his body was found in a shallow grave one week after the incident. The bodies of eight paramedics, six Gaza Civil Defence workers, and one UN employee were discovered buried in sand, along with their damaged vehicles. Israel has claimed that Hamas and Islamic Jihad militants were killed in the incident, but they have not provided any evidence or further explained the threat to its troops. Israel’s Foreign Minister, Gideon Saar, also defended the IDF’s actions, stating that they did not attack an ambulance randomly. The IDF promised to investigate the incident after a surviving paramedic questioned their account. Munther Abed, a paramedic, confirmed that the ambulances were clearly marked and lit both day and night. He denied any connections between the paramedics and militant groups, stating that their main duty was to provide ambulance services and save lives. Dr Younis Al-Khatib, the President of the Palestine Red Crescent Society, referred to the video at the United Nations, expressing the heartbreak of hearing the last words of a team member killed in the incident. He called for accountability and an independent and thorough investigation of the “atrocious crime.” One paramedic is still unaccounted for following the incident

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4g2z103nqxo

1743852590 6000.jpg

Musk’s Potential Departure From White House Won’t Impact His Friendship With Trump, Says Trump Administration

Russia persists with the clean-up of the December oil spill in the Kerch Strait, focusing on a tanker affected by storms.

Leave a Reply